Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Discoveries

I've just discovered two fantastic things this week in Germany and I'd like to share them with you.

The first is Schnappi Das Kleine Krokodil...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3FG4EOgyU

The Schnappi song reached number 1 in Germany in January of 2005. I can't get this cute song out of my head. :)

The other thing I recently discovered is the Amerika-Haus in Nuremberg which has a library with over 9,000 English books and media sources (including current DVDs, magazines, newspapers, etc). I am really really excited that I found this place (totally by accident) and now have access to much more material to read in my native language. In addition, the Deutsch-Amerikanisches Institut also host American and German cultural events, lectures and discussions.

Yah for cultural exchange institutions, and for helping me to feel a little bit more at home in Nuremberg.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment