Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ch-ch-ch- changes




Tomorrow's a big day for me!
Today too actually.
And next month, another big one in the works.

Today my contract and NOA (notice of appointment) arrive in the mail from Korea. That's h u g e.  After months of preparation and scrambling to get paperwork from the US sent to me in Germany and sending it off to Canada to my recruiter and then having it forwarded to the EPIK office in Korea (and all the mishaps that occurred in between), everything is almost set.  With my contract, I can finally apply for my visa and then it's only a matter of waiting --and packing my life into a suitcase (again).

And yes, tomorrow, I'm flying back to the US.  Spending two weeks in NJ and NYC, visiting friends and family, soaking in American-ness and sorting out some paperwork.  Here's a small poem in honor of that visit:

After 1.5 years away
I'm going back to the US of A
It's going to be a fabulous day
Hooray for the US of A!

(Gotta put that creative writing degree to use somehow.)

Until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment