Wednesday, January 4, 2012

twothousandandtwelve

Turns out I didn't spend New Years Eve in bed after all. Yah, 2012! 

Now that it's January, it's time to start moving--figuratively and literally.  Our flat mates moved out on the 31st of December, so now its just me & David in the apartment. While it is nice to have a bit more space, it doesn't exactly feel like home the way we knew it last year (last week) as we've starting sorting everything out and we're starting to pack.  Each item gets put in one of four categories:   "give away", "throw away", "bring to Korea" & "things to bring to the US" to hold onto until we return.  Yesterday I started going through all my English teaching materials and realized it's way too much to do at once.  The entire living room floor was covered in photo-copied grammar worksheets--'twas quite a sight to behold ;).  The rest of my files still need sorting through, so I'll be going through them over the next two weeks before leaving for the US.  Today, I sorted through most of my clothes and was (pleasantly) surprised to discover that I actually don't have that much. Going to have to do some shopping in the next few weeks to get my wardrobe Korea-ready--

Soon it's going to be time to say good-bye to beautiful Nuernberg... :'(

My super-awesome Windlicht which I was given by some students on the last day of our lessons.  It's a candle holder made from very thin ceramic, and when the candle is lit, the skyline of Nuernberg appears.  Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment