Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taking a step away from the norm...



So this is not the normal type of thing that I post here on the blog--but I wanted to share these links as I think the content is really good. I watched these two documentaries yesterday about society's portrayal of masculinity ("Tough Guise") and femininity ("Killing Us Softly") and how these images and beliefs about what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman are destroying any chance of being 'human'.

If you have time, take a look.  They have my strong recommendation (two thumbs up here). Both documentaries together are shorter than the average movie that you find these days.  If you do watch them, let me know what you think.



Killing Us Softly 3: Advertising's Image of Women
(around 30 minutes)


Tough Guise: Violence, Media & the Crisis in Masculinity
(around 55 minutes)

-Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment